Sunday, October 02, 2005

"WHAT DID YOU SAY?"

We have entered a new phase. Here's the story...

Jonah got invited to a birthday party yesterday. It was a family from church whose son just turned 10. So Jonah went to the party. When he got home he was sporting a marshmallow gun. For those of you who don't know what that is, it's a gun made out of PVC pipe that you can shoot little marshmallows out of. Great fun for boys.....:) Anyway, I was standing outside talking to our neighbor shortly after Jonah got home. He was loading his gun when he dropped some of the marshmallows on the ground. Without skipping a beat he said, "Sh*t". I reeled around, completely shocked. "WHAT DID YOU SAY??!?!?!?!?" " Sh*t" he answered, totally nonplussed. I ushered him into the house, sat him down and explained why we do NOT use that word. He had this blank look on his face. I suspect that he picked up that little word at the party with the 10 year old boys. Oh man, kids really do the darndest things.

Now it's Sunday afternoon and I really want to take a nap......zzzzzzz.........

Oh and I need some help, there was a sitcom in the 80's about a family and their daughter was a robot. Anyone remember the name of the show???

3 comments:

eyes_only4him said...

Small Wonder was the show...


I can not belive he is out using curse words..LOL..He did not get it from me..LOL

My son once said a damn..but thats it, which is good beciase i have a real bad potty mouth sometimes..LOL

Misty said...

yep, Small Wonder. i loved that show then, but can't imagine thinking it at all clever now....

i gasped on your behalf... oh we all stand facing THAT day. i hope i handle it with as much grace as you!

Mrs. Hawk said...

At least he didn't know what he was saying. I would rather have that then him knowing that it was a bad word :). I remember the first time I swore in front of my mom-bad, bad, bad :)