Wednesday, October 26, 2005

huh?

My grandpa's surgery went well, thanks to all of you who prayed. Actually it was miraculous. The surgery went an hour longer than scheduled so we were all a little on edge. When the doctor came out, this is what she said, "Mrs. Destefano (my grandma) I do not know how your husband has been getting blood to his brain. (This surgery was to scrape his carotid artery, that's the one that takes blood to the brain, his was 80% blocked) She went on to tell us that Grandpa's artery was almost completely blocked and that it had been throwing clots for a while. Big clots. She said, "By all rights he should have stroked out and died weeks ago." Wow. So yet again the Lord has spared my grandpa.

For lack of better things to blog about (laundry, exercising, etc.) I'll do this list that some of you have already tried......

10 things Mandi needs

1. Mandi needs to be mentioned (um yeah)
2.Mandi needs a help button (heck yeah)
3. Mandi needs to investigate
4. Mandi needs only her pencil ??
5. Mandi needs more doctors (do they know something I don't???)
6. Mandi highway needs repair ( I have my own highway???)
7. Mandi needs professional management (I've been saying this for years)
8. Mandi needs to give blood (no way, that involves needles!)
9. Mandi needs to redye (well if you say so)
10. Mandi needs her hooves trimmed (They are a little long but hooves is a bit much!)

There you are!

4 comments:

eyes_only4him said...

Mandi needs her hooves trimmed..LOL

r u a pig or a horse??..LOL


So glad your grnadpas surgery went so well..How old is he?

My grandpa had surgery for colon cancer back in May..but my grandpa is 86...but still in good health..thank goodness

Mandi said...

My grandpa will be 78 this year, but technically he should have died years ago. He's had four major heart attacks. His heart has been operating at 20 % for 15 years!

Misty said...

bless his sweet spirit, what a miracle.... God is just so awesome and i was truly blessed to read this post. thanks for reminding me that God watches out for us.... even when we don't know the "big picture"

Mandi said...

Oh Joce, I'm so sorry...is it hard for you to be so far away?