Tuesday, October 11, 2005

blah Tuesday

Ugh. It's gray and cloudy and cold here this morning and that is exactly how I feel. I woke up yesterday with the tell tale sign of fall, my horrible sinuses. And alas, no Advil Cold and Sinus. So yesterday was foggy to say the least. By the time Matt got home I was wrapped in blankets on our bed watching TV.

Ok, here's something I need to vent about. Why are men so clueless????? Perfect example. Matt comes home yesterday from work and I feel like someone is slamming a wrecking ball into my face and the front of my head. So of course he asks what he can do for me, rubs my feet, makes dinner and takes care of the children so I can rest. NOT!!!! He stretches out and takes a nap!!!!!!!!!! AHHHHHH!!! So I finally pull myself together briefly as it's 6:15 and the kids haven't eaten dinner yet. Then he gets mad at me. Am I totally alone on this one??? When he is sick, the whole universe revolves around him. I let him rest making sure the children don't bother him and making sure he's drinking fluids, etc. Apparently when I'm sick I just need to suck it up and still accomplish everything else on my plate. *deep breath* I love my husband, adore him actually. But this kind of one sided stuff makes me crazy.

I'm feeling slightly better this morning. Let's see if I can accomplish anything!

Today is Molli's very first ever field trip. They're headed to the apple orchard and I can't be there. This is so hard! One of the down sides of having lots of kids is that you don't always get to be there for the firsts. She was so excited.

5 comments:

Misty said...

the first field trip. so fun...
it is gross outside, isn't it??
glad to hear you are feeling better.
typically husbands make the worst patients, and the worst nurses...
i know chris does...
i wonder if male nurses and doctors are slightly less self centered with their spouses???

Mindy said...

I hear you on the sickness support stuff...Guys are just weak in that area, aren't they? One of the perks of an "out of the home" job has to be real, true sick days where you can just stay in bed all day long. They don't really happen for mommies, do they? ;o)Feel better!

eyes_only4him said...

it is a man thing..one time i was dieing from the stoach fluj..puking the whole nine yards..and guess who had to take care of the kids..make them food..*gross* and give them baths?..yes it was me...

so 2 weeks later when he got it..me and the kids just ignored his little whipmers on the couch begging for a sip of water..

yup, that will teach em:)

Felecia said...

Amen and amen some more sister. Since Andy's blessed gall stones report, I've not only been as supportive as possible to his pain but have adopted an entirely new way of shopping and cooking. But what was his response on Monday when I had a rotten headache? "Take some Advil and suck it up."

EH?

As horrible as it is to deal with, it's good to know you're not alone. Hang in there and FEEL BETTER.

kelli said...

Well, I am going to be the rebel here. My husband is WAAAYYY better at taking care of me when I am sick than me taking care of him. I tend to be the "walk it off" sort of girl, while he walks around on eggshells, having the kids bring me soup and such on a tray in bed and even make me cards and stuff. Sorry to ruin your pity party, I am the bad guy in my scenario!

I do however, hope you feel better!