Friday, September 02, 2005

No school

HOw glorious to be sitting at the computer at 8:30 this morning still in my pajamas!!!! What a great feeling. And thanks for all the awesome encouragement on my exercise/weight loss. You guys are good for my self confidence!

I've decided that I cannot watch too much CNN, I just can't handle it. It was one thing when the disaster and people affected were on the other side of the world. This is here....on our turf. These are our family and friends. This will create ripple affects all throughout our country. I mean, what about their mail??? Where will it go? And those people, those people with nothing. No food, no clothes, no homes.....I cannot imagine. Sure puts things into perspective. Plus Molli is hysterical about water coming into our house. Everytime someone turns on the sink she starts screaming....

And oy vey, the cost of gas. Of course if we lived in Europe it would have been like this forever! But still, $60 to fill my van. Ugh.

2 comments:

Misty said...

you know, i found i couldn't watch much of it to begin with... i tried, out of compassion but i was quickly so disheartened by the negative side of human nature. It's a tragedy... but what they are also failing to note is several more communities have been devestated/destroyed and they just keep focussing on New Orleans. see, i get aggitated just talking about it...
anyway, the whole reason i commented was to say you deserve the encouragement, it sounds like you are doing awesome!
have a great holiday weekend!

eyes_only4him said...

i know what ya mean about watching cnn..such a shame..

and gas..dont get me going on that..LOL

have a good holiday weeeknd:)