Sunday, September 11, 2005

Frustration

Why is it that christians get under my skin more than unbelievers? Probably because I have very little exposure to unbeleivers. MOst of the time the people I hang out with and am around are church people. I have very little patience for people who think they are all that.

Lately I've been struggling with an individual. I used to really look up to this person. I sought advice, bounced ideas off of them, and just shared things. Then some things changed. This person changed. Now I really am having a hard time being around this person. It's so awkward. And it just flat out sucks. Why do things change us? Why does power change us?

Is it me that has changed? I have asked myself this question over the last few weeks. And the answer I've come to is no. It truly is this other person. I am deeply saddened to lose this person. And I haven't really lost them. But I cannot stand to have this person around. Ugh.

I guess it all goes back to what my dad said this morning in his sermon.......relationships are messy. No one's life is tidy and neat. And when we get involved in relationship with people, it's bound to get messy. My problem? I hate cleaning.

3 comments:

eyes_only4him said...

Mandi,
I must say I never thought people changed..but I habe come realize they do..and we may too in a small way..I think events,people,circumstances make us all change...

But I do belive that sometimes a person who we once were close too..can change..so drastically you dont even like them anymore..It has happen to me several times...I know it isnt me..because i am still the same, feisty,opinonated,mouthy,prissy,tell it like it is gal I have always been..
sorry you are going through that too...it is hard..I know..hang in there girl:)

Misty said...

mandi~
it does happen... and i think it's both people who change. i have a friend who changed and it was gradual. little things would make me wonder, and over time it was that wondering which started to change me a bit. now our friendship is very strained, at best. its sad and there is a grieving process... but sadly, it also strengthened my other friendshios...
hang in there!

Carol said...

It might not be this person changed but that you are seeing another side to them. Everyone has a dark side.