Monday, September 19, 2005

Deep saddness

As I sit here typing, I'm trying to gather my thoughts. Trying to sort out my feelings...

I just got a phone call. A lady from our church is dying......

I'm remembering when we first moved here. She is the sweetest little woman. She's Puerto Rican and has the most darling little accent. She's not old....about 55. She got sick.....they weren't sure why. Come to find out that it was a reaction to the gastric bypass surgery she had had. So they reversed the surgery. She went home only to be readmitted later that week. She hasn't left the hospital since. Now we (our church) are on the brink of something big. One of our very own dying......

Will people be angry? Why would God let this happen to her and her family? I'm so saddened and I've only known her for a year. I can't imagine how the rest of the people feel who have known her since she was young.

Death is never easy. She's a believer so I know where she's headed. Somehow that doesn't make it any easier right now. God could do a miracle, He could heal her. Will He?

Sorry for the heavy entry. that's just how I'm feeling right this second.

1 comment:

Misty said...

i am so sad for you. a second cousin of mine also died from complications due to a gastric bypass operation.... it is actually quite common... it's sad.
how horrible for her....