Sunday, September 04, 2005

Baseball

Today was a good day. Church was good, worship was rich. Then we went to a baseball game.

I can't remember the last time I went to a baseball game. Now, granted, the Southwest Michigan Devil Rays (triple A team with the New York Yankees) are not too sepcial. Nevertheless, it was a good time. Matt stayed home with the youngest two and I took Jonah and Molli. It was so cool to see them be so excited about everything. Getting their very own ticket, meeting the mascot (an eagle mascot for the DevilRays??!!), finding our seats, and of course (my favorite part) getting snacks! They got to go out on the field and do the chicken dance. At the end of the game they got to run the bases. It was just a super fun experience. Everytime someone on the other team struck out, they would play the song "Hit the Road Jack". Jonah got really good at singing it!

Now tomorrow is Labor Day. Matt has to work but then we get to play a little. I hope all of your holiday weekends were restful and fun!

1 comment:

eyes_only4him said...

how nice..I havent been to a baseball game in years..other than my sons little leugue..LOL

I have to work tomorw for 5 hours..but I get paid double time..I have no trouble with getting paid 20 bucks an hour to play bingo with the old folks..:)