Monday, September 12, 2005

Gross

It's official. We have christened our new home. Matt was sick on Friday night, officially christening our bathroom. Last night, at every hour on the hour, Emma christened her bed, my bed, the couch and every towel in the house. At 5:30 AM, Sydney decided to help by christening her crib as well.

Can I just say for the record that I hate vomit. It's so nasty. I have been doing laundry ALL day, and nothing but what was used last night! UGH! It doesn't help that Matt is a sympathetic puker so he has to stay far away from the smell and appearance. So guess who gets to do all the cleaning up? Yep, me. So now I'm functioning on about 1 hour total sleep. The girls seem to feel better and are playing wonderfully. I am praying fiercely that Jonah and Molli stay puke free. I'm not sure I could take another night of this.

Well I better keep moving or I will fall asleep typing.....zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz........

6 comments:

Misty said...

i have never heard the term sympathetic puker, but that is me to a tee... whether it's people puke or pet puke.....
you poor thing, i can't imagine being surrounded by so much vomit.
you are a strong woman, my hero. i literally couldn't do it...

last winter my husband was in brazil and i was sick. i threw up all over a quilt and ever time i went to clean it, it induced me to vomit again.... finally i put it in a trashbag and sat it on the porch as a welcome home gift for chris....i felt so bad....

eyes_only4him said...

i will be the first to admit I dont do vomit...give me snot, poop, blood,..whatever else..I dont do vomit..It tends to have a chain reaction on me..i see it,hear it or heaven forbid smell it..and I have lost it..

I hope ya,ll get feeling better soon:)

kelli said...

I love puke!! I can't wait til the next time my kids puke or better yet, my husband so I can have the thrill of cleaning it up!

*just thought I would be different.

I am sorry, Mandi that you have had to deal with that. It's hard to be the mom sometimes isn't it?

Mrs. Hawk said...

I just have to say that this post, and all the comments are making me sick - I think that I need to run to the bathroom now :) I feel for you, Mandi. This is the one thing about having kids that I may have to designated as my husband's responsibility :)

Mindy said...

why is it that the mom's get this illustrious job anyway? Do we have signs that say "puke on me"? I must. Whenever Evy is sick, I get puked on. In Disney, I got puked on. When Evy was a baby, she puked in MY MOUTH!!!! (yes, it was as gross as it sounds)
I guess it must be one of the things that solidifies the sisterhood...puke, and the war stories we share.

Felecia said...

Andy is the designated vomit cleaner in the Engen household. I've gotten a mild version of my own mother's intolerance (that woman can't even listen to a burp without heaving a little!) But YES! I've been the only one to be puked on (or peed on for that matter) by either of my children!

That's just wrong...