Sunday, August 21, 2005

Tired from crying

Well Matt just left and I can't stop crying. It was SOOO hard watching him drive away, holding Sydney who was crying and saying, "daddy!!!!!" This just sucks. I don't know why this is so hard for me. Part of it is knowing that he'll miss Jonah's first days of school. Knowing that he'll spend his birthday there, alone. Not working but having to stay there because we can't afford the gas for him to come home for the day. I'm pretty ticked at Frito-Lay right now. They have been a good company so far, but not telling your employees they are going out of town until Friday night and just assuming that you have an extra $150 to front for gas and food is obnoxious. Cuz we don't. So Matt is living on ramen noodles and Mountain Dew for the next 6 days. And I feel awful about it. I'm dreading going to sleep tonight, I never sleep well when he isn't there. I apologize for the woe is me blog....Just needed to type it out. I'll update tomorrow, hopefully when the emotions are a little less high.

5 comments:

kelli said...

I'm sorry Mandi. That is so hard when husband's are away and leaving you with four kids. I can't believe that a company, any company would send someone away on business and not pay for gas and food. Do they at least pay for lodging?

Mandi said...

Yeah they do and they will reimburse him for the gas and food....in about 4 months. It just doesn't help now, ya know?

eyes_only4him said...

Mandi,you will get through it dont worry...It really bites when we are left for days or weeks with no help....tell him you need a vaction when he gets back;)

Misty said...

four months? thats crazy!
i seldom sleep when chris is gone so i totally understand.... and then with the kids.... My heart goes out to you sweetie....

Mindy said...

OK Wow. First, I didn't expect you to ever post again after having 9 kids under your command for a day. I envisioned you tied up and gagged in a closet somewhere while much junk food was eaten. Go from that feeling of utter chaos to the chaos that can overcome you when you have to parent by yourself for the week. YOu poor thing. Hang in there, my friend. you can do it!