Tuesday, August 30, 2005

The mystery

This is how is happened....

We came home from dropping Jonah off at school. As we are walking up to the house I hear a crying baby. "Odd," I think to myself while quickly counting my children to make sure I hadn't forgotten anyone. I dismissed it as the girls baby doll who cries. As we entered the house, I saw the doll and it was off. Now the crying was louder. I walked into my bedroom and there was no baby, but my baby monitor. And there was a screaming baby on the other end. I dashed up the stairs into the girl's room where the other end of the baby monitor is. No baby. I ran back downstairs. We were obviously picking up a signal from someone else's baby monitor. This baby was hysterical. I listened for over 20 minutes as this baby cried and cried. I went outside and walked around, hoping to hear something. My monitor isn't that great so I knew that it had to be a house close by. I didn't hear anything. I went back inside and listened to the baby cry for another 10 minutes. Then I called 911. "Um, hi. I'm not sure if this is an emergency or not......." I explained to the operator what was happening. He sent an officer. As the policeman entered, he heard the crying and then all of sudden the monitor went dead. He patroled the area and told me to leave the monitor on in case I heard it again. My heart is so heavy for this little one. Now, you must know that I really do not jump the gun on stuff. I do NOT get involved in things where I don't belong. There have been times when we have had to let our children cry themselves to sleep. But there was something in this baby's cry...my gut just told me that something was very wrong. So if you think about it, will you pray about this today? Pray that this little one is ok, that there was a perfectly good explanation. I'll update if anything changes.

4 comments:

eyes_only4him said...

OH MY GOODNESS..that is very odd..I think after a clean sweep of the house and outside I would of done the same thing..

I saw a baby a few weeks ago wondering around alone crossing roads and stuff...just as i was headed out to get him and call 911..the "parent" came running out of the house in pj,s and beat the kid in front of my eyes..I told her I was jsut about to call the poilce...and to this day i still wish i would of

Amy M. said...

That is so completely weird. I hope that the officer is able to locate the crying baby and we will pray that he/she is ok!! It's almost as if the Lord was having you intervene. Keep us posted!

Misty said...

poor baby.... so horrible. and slightly eerie i imagine. you did the right thing... wow!

Felecia said...

This particular crying would have me upset too (along with most mom's in the world...)

The big joke in our neighborhood is that we can all hear each other on our baby monitors - we'll say to one another "nice lullabye!", etc.

Hopefully, this is just a case of a very strong colic.