Friday, August 19, 2005

Tired and not happy

Well yesterday......was quite the day. It started at 7:30 when my phone rang. It was my girlfriend saying she was on her way to drop off her kids. I had totally forgotten. I was still in bed!!! So I run to the door in time to meet her. MY house is trashed. Total kid count: 7. "It's ok," I think to myself. "No biggie." Well a half an hour later I get another phone call. My other girlfriend is on her way with her kids. (We ahve a church garage sale going on, they were both working at it) I had thought that one was working in the morning and one in the afternoon which is why I agreed to do kid care. My house is trashed. Total kid count: 9. "Ok, I'm crazy." Well the day went fairly well besides the screaming 10 month old who refused to let me do anything to help her. So her I had to give back. But the rest of the kids did well. However, I can NEVER have that many children. And it never ceases to amaze me at what I cannot do. Sometimes I think I'm superwoman and I am just not. guess I'll have to return the tights. Darn.

So Matt comes home from work and I am wasted. He then informs me that he has to return to Fort Wayne next week for work. For the whole week. He'll miss Jonah's first day of school, his birthday......grrrrr. Now I know some of you live with this all the time, a traveling husband, so I really have no room to complain. But we are not used to it. It was a really crappy ending to my already full day. Note to self, count number of children before volunteering myself for babysitting duties! Nothing to do I suppose but take a deep breath andn brace myself for a long week. Good news though, only 8 days till my birthday!

3 comments:

eyes_only4him said...

you poor dear..I once was stuck watching 11 kids...I had my 3 plus my sisters kid, then i was babysitting my usaul baby, plus his sibblings, and a step cousin, then anohter friend called and needed me to watch her baby..(so we are talking 3 babies under 6 months)then a bunch of nieghbor kids came by,...holy cow..I was wiped out..lol

dont worry..your day will get better..sure cant get any worse huh??..lol

Felecia said...

My head hurts just thinking about it! Congratulations on making it through without being hauled away in a white jacket... That which does not institutionalize us, only makes us stronger!

Misty said...

your birthday? how lovely!

i don't care how often one's spouse travels, you don't really get used to it... and Matt having to miss such important days is really difficult.... I am so sorry, mandi.....