Monday, August 22, 2005

Day 1

WEll I survived the first day. I didn't sleep very much last night and getting up this morning was tough. It was my last day sleeping till seven as school starts tomorrow.

I was determined to stay busy today. My girlfriend and I took our kids plus my brother Noah in his power chair and we walked all over the neighborhood distributing flyers for our Wednesday night program at church. Then we loaded everybody up and headed to the new boundless playground that they just finished here. It was so awesome!!! Noah could do so much in his wheelchair. It was all ramped so he could go all the way to the very highest point with the kids. So cool. We played there for a few hours and then went out to lunch. We got back and I cleaned while the kids played. A quick dinner and then the kids were off to play again while I worked out with the ladies. Then we flew home, did showers and everyone is in bed. WHEW! But busy is good because now I know there's one less day till Matt gets back. Thanks so much for the thoughts and comments guys. It helps to know that you are all sympathetic....makes me feel somewhat validated for feeling this way!!!! Hugs to you all!

There was morning and evening......the first day.

6 comments:

eyes_only4him said...

sounds like you kept yourslef very busy...dont worry..wont be long till he is back...and then with school starting soon..the kids will be kept busy..hang in there:-)

Misty said...

busy is good... busy is key... and sweetie, you are totally validated. i don't even go to bed when chris is gone, i sleep on the couch....when i sleep

Felecia said...

(How young is your youngest?)

Sounds like you had a very well-balanced day as a single momma. Keep it up! Odd as it is, I have an okay time with Andy away for a 4-day hunting/fishing trip, but when you take him for an entire week? OUCH.

I like to reverse the stigma placed on dad's "breaking the rules" when mom is away (mom's can breaks little rules too!) Kids sleeping in a tent in the living room; an extra helping of junk food or an extended bedtime (on non-school nights, of course...)

Good luck to you!

Mandi said...

My youngest is 18 months old

Misty said...

i agree with felicia- we always plan something special and not ordinarily allowed for when chris is gone...

Misty said...

so mandi~ i was thinking about you... how was day two?