Sunday, August 28, 2005

My birthday

Well today is my birthday. All I can say is how I wish birthdays could always be the same as when you were little. They were so much more of a thing. Ah well. It was a good day. Our friends from Nebraska were here for dinner which was really great. And my girlfriend Mindy made me a manatee cake!!!! My first one ever! She rocks.

I really tried to not get all worked about it and it worked. I passed through the day without really worrying about whether or not it was all about me. So thank you Lord for helping me not to be so selfish. I got to have a wonderful steak and I didn't have to do dishes. That in itself makes it a good birthday!

So here's to me, 26 years old. Only four more years till 30.....

6 comments:

eyes_only4him said...

Happy Birthday Mandi,
Crap I turned 30 in May..and all i can say is it goes downhill from here..LOL...

It would be nice if as adults we had the same attention and hoopla surounding us as we did when we were kids...

Tomomorw(monday) is my babys birthday..I always try to make thier b-days specail..But if we make them too specail..they will just be expecting too much as adults..lol

Hope you have an enjoyable rest of your birthday my dear..:)

kelli said...

Happy Birthday, Mandi.

You ate a cake made out of Manatee? EWWW! I won't even eat the steak! =) (I am a vegetarian)

Misty said...

happy birthday a day late, but i did think about you yesterday and say a birthday prayer. easy enough to remember since my birthday is the 28th too, just a few months back. :)
26? did you have a hard time turning 25 or no? i had a hard time with 25, 26 was bad but not as bad, same pattern until this year when i turned 29. HORRIBLE!!! i dread the next birthday...
your day sounds lovely and how very awesome of your friends to come!

Mindy said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY MANDI! I am glad it was a good day for you. 26...it's a good year. I'm finding the mid to late 20s a good season. You're finally old enough not to be a kid, and have the beginnings of common sense and wisdom, but you've still got your life in front of you. Here's to a wonderful year!

Felecia said...

Happy Belated Birthday!

I found that once 27 came and went, the "I might as well be 30" attitude set in. I guess I will be ready to accept it next year:)

Carol said...

Hi Mandi,
We share a birthday.
I am glad you had a good day!