Wednesday, August 03, 2005

Hating SBC

Ok it's official. I hate SBC. I know hate is a strong word, but that is the emotion that I am currently feeling.

Last month we went through this whole drama where I realized, upon glancing at my bill, that they were charging our bill to the credit card. Well I didn't authorize that! So I called, fully intending to let them have it. The woman on the phone explained that it should have been explained to me when I set up our service, that a credit card was required for DSL service. Ok, fine. So I asked, in a very sarcastic tone, "Well what am I supposed to do with the check that I've already mailed to you???" "put a stop payment on it", she says. So I do their bidding. We come home from vacation to discover a letter from them telling us to send in payment. "Must have crossed in the mail" I think to myself. Then yesterday, my sbc e-mail goes down and a little window pops up saying that I have requested my service to end and so it has ended. Now I'm furious. So I call SBC AGAIN.....And they tell me that they have suspended it because we didn't pay the bill!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! AAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!

*deep breath* Anyway, I am now using my mother's computer and trying to decide how to best punish SBC. Unfortunately, there really isn't another option for DSL around here so I will most likely bite my lip and continue on. GRRRRRRRR.....

3 comments:

Misty said...

oh mandi... first we have our shared loathing of disney sequals and now this.... i too hate sbc. i blogged about it often in the beginning. since the move though, they have sunk to an all new level of bottom feeders....
so sorry your experiences with them are equally as pathetic.

Mindy said...

Oh! how we can all feel your SBC pain. I think they really are run by Satan. Do you guys have Comcast? They can do broadband...that's what we do.

eyes_only4him said...

oh my, when i lived in michigan I did not use sbc..I too had a bad run in with them..I really forget over what now...
But i didnt have dsl then..so it didnt bother me..if that is your only option for dsl...you better get on your knees and beg..lol..

my mom is getting dsl from them next week...i should worn her..lol

good luck:)