Wednesday, August 24, 2005

Days 2 & 3

Well yesterday was Jonah's first day of school. He was really non-committal about it. He wasn't terribly excited or anything. Maybe as kids get older, they just realize that school is just one of those things they have to do. I also think he's cautious because his best friend isn't in his class so he's kind of starting over in making friends in his class. Anyway, he survived. He went back this morning for his first full day. He was excited about taking his lunch...Last year he got hot lunch every day! I got some cleaning done while he was gone. It was SOO quiet!

Last night I had worship team practice. After it was over I came home and called Matt. He was crying. He was so bummed about being away, missing us, missing Jonah's first day and having to spend his birthday there alone. So of course now I'm crying. My girlfriend happened to call in the midst of this conversation. She immediately knew something was wrong. So I told her about Matt and how bummed we were. Anyway, back to Matt. We hung up and I was feeling really low. Then a little message box pops up on the computer.....It says, "my husband wants to go get Matt...." WHAT?!?!?!?!?! Then the phone rings. It's my girlfriend's husband (he and Matt are really close too) He says, I'm leaving. I'm going to get Matt, bring him home and I'll take him back tomorrow night." Well I spent about 10 minutes trying to tell him how silly that was, etc. He was not to be dissuaded. So Tim drove all the way to Fort Wayne last night, got Matt and brought him home. At about midnight my husband crawled into bed with me! So praise the Lord for awesome friends and for Matt being home for his birthday. And even though he has to go back tonight, it has totally broken up the week. YEE-HAW!

4 comments:

Misty said...

that is so very sweet... praise God for good friends, indeed!

Felecia said...

I got goosebumps reading that. What amazing friends you have (and from the sounds of it, an amazing relationship with your husband!)

Mandi said...

thanks, they are amazing friends and my husband is totally awesome!

Mindy said...

What a blessing friends are. How wonderful for you guys!