Friday, July 22, 2005

Saddness

My heart is heavy now. There are some things that must be said.

First of all, to Sandy, Misty, Amy, Mindy, Angie, and Kelli.....the comment I made about Birch Run was a joke. I really had no intention of coming.....so those of you who were upset about that, I truly apologize. I should have written j/k next to it. I have no intentions of crashing into your circle.

Second, I am not sorry that I mentioned Harry Potter. Angie and I had some awesome discussions/debates regarding this issue. I admit that at first I felt defensive, NOT from anything Angie said, but rather from my own self conciousness. As the discussions progressed, I felt it was a healthy debate. Neither of us (I believe) were offended or felt judged because we disagreed with each other. I respect Angie's position on this whole matter, even though I disagree. I do NOT feel that her blog regarding Harry Potter was judgemental...rather just her looking for input as to how other's felt about it.

So I am deeply saddened to think that my whole blog regarding Harry Potter has caused relationships to falter. We MUST understand that we can disagree on things. If we all agreed on everything, we would be clones. God made us all unique and different. There's a reason for that. This is a subject that Angie is passionate about. And she is consistent. I respect that.

I will continue to read and comment on ALL of your blogs And I hope you will do the same. I pray that there can be healing.

2 comments:

kelli said...

Aye carumba! I go away for a week and come back to all this excitement. I wish I had been around to take part! (not really). Mandi, I have no idea what you are talking about with this apology? No need to explain (sounds like there has been enough discussion about this stuff), just wanted you to know that I am clueless!

Mindy said...

Mandi~
I am also clueless. Go camping, and the blogging world explodes. I feel no apology needed, and would love to see you whenever you are in town next!
Re: Harry Potter and other drama, I just try to stay out of it all. WAY OUT. But know, for me, no apology is necessary, I had/have no clue what happened nor do I really want to.
Just so you know, we're buds. :o)