Friday, July 29, 2005

Home again, home again

Well...we made it, we're home! It was a good and interesting week away. I'll just give you some highlights.
We were planning on taking Matt's little Toyota wagon on the trip, our van isn't running. It has no air conditioning. Well we left on Sunday when it was about 105 degrees. Our friends blessed us so hugely and let us take their awesome van, complete with air conditioning and drop down VCR! (THANKS TIM AND MINDY!!!!!)

- Eating fast food every night.......very bad.

- Staying in a hotel room with four children 6 and under.....intersting. Now throw in Indiana time...an hour behind us so we're up at 5 AM screaming and jumping on the beds....even more interesting!

- Being cooped up in the same hotel room for 8 hours because Matt has the car at work.....very bad. I think we broke the record for the most times going to the pool in one day.

- Being able to read two complete books.....good!

- If you ever get to Ft. Wayne, go to Science Central.....that place is awesome! The BEST sciene, hands on place we've ever been to.

-Fountains in the park that you're allowed to play in...awesome!

-Almost getting kicked out of the hotel for having chips on the floor.......very bad.

-Saying, "You guys have GOT to be quiet" so many times you think you're going to lose your mind.....bad.

-Having your husband's company pay $400 for you to go away for a week.....awesome.

-Making memories with your kids that you know they will remember.....awesome.

Ok, this is starting to sound like the mastercard commercial....

Anyway, we had a fairly goo0d time rounded off by a visit to the Fort Wayne children's zoo. That place is awesome! We got to go see Africa in a powered jeep that Jonah, Molli and Emma took turns driving, we went to Austrailia and took a canoe to see the wwildlife there....it's a great zoo. The hotel situation got a little crazy. But overall, I'm so glad we went. I think the kids had a good time, although they are all hysterical at the moment. Then we came home and walked in on our good friends installing our gas stove that we thought would never get put in! How awesome is that!! I cannot wait to sleep in my own bed...IN OUR OWN ROOM!!!!!! So thank you Lord for vacation, but thanks even more for being able to come home! See below for pics....

5 comments:

Mindy said...

I'm so glad your vacation went well. I think the best thing about vacation is coming home. I'm glad your homecoming was so sweet. :o)

kelli said...

HOw do you almost get kicked out of a hotel for having chips on the floor? I am confused!!

Mandi said...

Well, I had four kids in a hotel room for 8 hours. We had taken some food to compensate for eating all for all three meals of the day. Some chips had fallen onto the floor, I picked up as many of the pieces as I could but there were still crumbs. They vaccuumed them, no big deal, right? WRONG! The next day, the housekeepers knock on the door and tell me that they are getting the manager. The manager comes to the door (with ALL of the housekeeping staff behind him!!) and tells me that our room was destryoed yesterday. That it cost him a lot of money to keep the housekeepers in our room so long and that if it was like that again, we would be kicked out.

kelli said...

Who's Myron?

The hotel thing sucks! I'm sorry to hear that. Sounds like you had fun though, so that is good.

eyes_only4him said...

Hello,
Here via Angie..Sounds like a good time you had...Try living in that time zone..
I use to live in your time zone..then moved to MN..I still can not get use to the nighly news starting at 5:30 rather than 6:30
And prime time starts at 7pm ..I missed a lot of shows..lol