Saturday, July 23, 2005

Add water and stir

So today the phone rings. It's Matt 's work. "They're sending me to Fort Wayne for the week." A whole week, I cry thinking of the single parenting nightmare that will ensue in his absence. "They said I could bring you guys with me....." So add water and stir and you have...instant vacation! His company pays for the hotel and food......yee haw.

We have to leave tomorrow afternoon so we are in a flurry of laundry and packing. I'm dreaming about my first expericence with four children on the city's transit system because I am determined to get out and do stuff. Our hotel is close to the big mall and only four miles from the great children's zoo. PLus there's a pool at the hotel and we're taking our DVD player. I got Charlotte's Web for us to read as a family. I'm so excited. We didn't think we'd be able to go anywhere this summer.

I will desperately miss blogging, but I look forward to catching up when we get back. I'll have pictures and stories, no doubt.

Till then.....adieu....

1 comment:

Mindy said...

Wishing you Much, Much fun!!! be sure to jot down all that funny stuff that's bound to happen! I want details!