Friday, July 15, 2005

Debating...

Holy cow. I made one comment and look at what is had turned into!!! Regarding my previous post about Bleeding Isaac and how his blog intrigued and saddened me. Well he commented on Kelli's blog and I commented to Kelli about it and then it all went down hill.

I pride myself on knowing big words. Although, since discovering Wes's page I have felt inferior. I must confess that when I was reading his blog, I had to stop and look up some words! I have never been good at defending myself or what I believe. Of course, I've never really had to either. Not that I feel I have to defend myself from Wes....

Angie suggested that I needed to apologize to WEs for the judgment that I passed on his heart. And she was right. I did need to apologize. It is not my place to say where his heart is or is not. So I did. On his blog. Well go there and read the comments....holy cow. First of all it was entirely weird having complete strangers arguing about me and my comments. Second of all, my apology was not up for analizaition, just for Wes to see. Ah well.

I guess all of this bother s me so much because it makes me feel naive and so out of touch where the rest of the world is concerned. I have never been a good debater, I am slow with words. Jesus dealt with people who had unbelief. He loves Wes as much as He loves me. He died for Wes....Therefore, I will bow out. I can't debate theological stuff, just don't have the knowledge or the words. But I will continue to pray for Wes. That I can do.

2 comments:

Felecia said...

Hey Mandy, how are things? YES, I've been keeping up on the debate and even threw in 2 or 3 cents worth myself as I felt the urge to simplify the issue with a comfortable analogy. Shame on me (I say this in jest) because while you and I may have devoted 80% of our wandering thoughts to the cause, I am only capable of devoting 10% of the energy.

Wes appears to be a genuinely nice person who has enough respect for our faith to have acquired a vast knowledge about his contrary position.

Please don't stress about your perceived second-rate Christianity endorsement. You're not at all inferior. Some people know the path, some people study the path, some people walk the path and well, some people take another path.

kelli said...

Mandi, I think that it takes guts to be willing to admit your mistakes on a place where a lot of people will see it. Many people would rather just keep attacking. Good for you.