Sunday, July 10, 2005

Hot and bothered

First of all, thanks to all of you who commented on my previous post. It created quite the stir with the hubby. He has now consented to see it with me and judge it afterwards. (We had the same fight regarding Harry Potter:) ) Interesting to see how all of you feel about that subject.....

Now I'm hot. It is so hot and our small group decided it would be a great night to head to the local park and cook out. I'm all for cook outs, but not when it is 93 degrees! I do not handle the heat well. Add to that the fact that we were at the park where there are great playthings for the kids. Well they picked a spot that was very far way from the play area. GRR! So we either had to be away from the group at the park with the kids or trying to stay and eat with the group while yelling at the children to not go to the park. AAAAHHHH! After about 20 minutes of this, I announced we were going home. Everyone looked surprised. I wanted to say, "I'm sorry that you all have 2.5 children that are well behaved and sit still for hours on end. But since we have crazy, wild children, we'll be leaving now." I know that part of my frustration is the heat, it alters me. Some of it is also from having four children. Two other women in our group kept saying, "I don't know how you do it with four kids!" Well, you just do... When will I stop feeling condemed by people for having four kids????Another part of it is the poor planning of our group. And we haven't been able to get together in months because of everyone's crazy summer schedules so I was really looking forward to catching up with everyone. Ah well. Guess it'll have to wait.
*big sigh* Just checked the weather, supposed to be 95 all week. great.

4 comments:

kelli said...

Mandi, you deserve extra jewels in your crown for having four children. What a blessing to the world that you are raising four God-fearing kids in a day when so many can't handle one or two. you deserve a standin ovation for your hard work! Don't let anyone else make you feel otherwise.

Misty said...

nothing more to say, i simply echo the commets of kelli and angie.... great words!

Mindy said...

condemnation, no. Honor and awe yes. :o)

Felecia said...

I AM WITH YOU, MANDI. When it's hot, I don't have a lot of time for overdone social graces. I think you made the right call to spare your children the outcome of a tempting environment and head for home. I too live in a very social neighborhood and have had to throw in the towel on a few occassions. Every good mother's motto eventually includes "KNOW THY LIMITATIONS."