Thursday, June 30, 2005

For my pal Mindy

Now most of you who red this blog think I am talking about Mindy Schoeb.....actually I have another friend named Mindy. Mindy Hubbard. And this blog is dedicated to her.

It has always been a struggle for me to make friends. In high school, I only had guy friends becasue the stupid, pettiness of high school girls made me crazy. I finally met my first best friend in college. Jocelyn, I love you! Man, I miss you......(she's a missionary in Bosnia.....) Anyway, since I've been married, I haven't really had any close friends. We didn't live by anybody that was close to our age, or didn't have children or we jsut didn't mesh. So when we moved back to Michigan I was praying like crazy that God would prepare someone to be my friend. A real friend. *sidenote- when I say prepare someone, I mean it. My friends need preparing to deal with me :) Ok, so I knew the youth pastor and his wife from our visits to see mom and dad. I knew she was a few years older than me. Her son Tristan is the same age as Molli and her other son Cole is a few months older than Sydney. So we had that in common. Matt and her husband Tim were instant friends. So I prayed and prayed that she would be it. And she was. We have gotten close. Real even. My dad preached on Sunday aobut relationships and friendships and that true friendships face adversity and triumph. I immediately sought her out afterwards to have our first fight!!! So this blog is in tribute to her. My friend.

1 comment:

Misty said...

thats beautiful mandy... i am happy for you and mindy.... i can relate with the guy friend thing. i had girl friends, but it was guy friends that were the CLOSE friends..... it took years for me to open up to a girl, and years of praying.... and God answered with my awesome friend Debbie