Sunday, June 05, 2005

Cousins

This weekend has reminded me of how very precious cousins are. My sister-in-law Jill and their four kids arrived on Thursday night. My kids had been counting down the days till they got here. Their four are the exact smae ages as our four, minus a few months. They all have "m" names, MacKenzi, Morgan, Myca, and Markus. They are so stinking cute. Anyway.....

MacKenzi and Morgan have been sleeping at our house. They are all sleeping in the same room, not wanting to spend a moment apart. I love to stand underneath the little vent that goes up to that room and hear them talking and giggling. It just transports me.....

My cousins, Kari and Holly and I were so close growing up, especially Kari and I. We spent almost every summer together. We'd ahve endless nights of staying up late, giggling, just loving being around each other. I see those kind of relationships developing between our kids and Tigger's. It just breaks my heart that they will be moving to Alaska in about a month, so this is really the last time that they will have to be together for a long time. But they will have the summers to look forward to.

A side note: when applying sunscreen, especially when it's 85 degrees and you are by the pool, remember to put it on your legs! I forgot this important piece of information.....I made sure the kids were coated although they still got a little pink. I made sure it was on my face, my chest and shoulders. Well I forgot my legs. Let's just say that my legs resemble a lobster's back. Ouch. The kids have spent every waking moment in the pool. Man, oh man. They sure do love to swim.

Well time to go yell at the kids to stop their giggling (although I really don't want to!)

2 comments:

Misty said...

what a beautiful picture you painted... i missed out on that, but gained it later in life through different ways.
what a gift to see your girls have it as well!

Mandi said...

Ye ah Jonah too, he and Kenzi are so close, which is cool since she's a girl and he a boy