Monday, June 27, 2005

Last night

Ugh, it's morning already.....last night was disaster. We couldn't take the kids to the pool yesterday because it kept thundering on and off. So they spent the day trapped in my litle blue house. So by evening, they were bouncing off the walls. Markus figured out the lock on the fridge and dumped syrup, butter, and mayo all over the kitchen floor. So we loaded them up and went to Grandma's just for a change of scenery. By the time we got back it was time for bed. Yeah right. At 10:30 I was still trying to get them to sleep. I removed my children and sent them to their own bed and then everyone went to sleep, at 11! I was so tired and frustrated. I tried to go to bed myself. Well I lifted up the blinds that hang on the window over our bed and they came crashing down on my head. Great ending to a crazy evening. I headed back out to the living room ,fully intending to write a scathing blog about how grouchy, tired, and cross I was after all the events of the day. INstead, I sat in the lazyboy and cried and prayed. The Lord spoke peace to my heart about the kids. They are just kids and there will be times when they need to be crazy. And that this is just temporary. And I told him that one of my greatest desires is to see the cousins be close. There is so much to gain from having close family. He brought to my mind the very special things that I have seen them do this week. LIke watching them learn to play red rover (hilarious), watching them all learn to swim and play mermaids, cuddling with Markus who still calls me Mama, and so many more. So I went to bed with a smile on my face and peace in my heart.

Isn't God awesome?

1 comment:

Mandi said...

four???? I have eight in my house right now.....four sets of twins, 2 six year olds, 2 four year olds, 2 three year olds and 2 two year olds....