Saturday, June 11, 2005

Heat

Oh man, it feels like we are back in Nebraska. Except, in Nebraska, we had central air. This past week has been so very hot. Our new house is wonderful but it is situated slightly weird. So we have no cross breezes which makes it even hotter. Praise the Lord that Mom and Dad have the pool or I would have gone insane! The heat alters me, it makes me short and grouchy with everyone. Grrrr.....

In other news, my kids are professional swimmers now. Jonah jumps in from the deep end and swims all the way to the shallow end. Molli isn't far behind, swimming underwater everywhere. I wonder if it's because she was born under water! Emma too is getting more and more brave, floating all over the pool in her floatie and trying to touch the bottom. Sydney has decided that she would like to be under the water at all times. She obviously doesn't know that this will result in death! She just walks right off the edge of the pool and hopes someone catches her. We have to watch her constantly, but truly, she isn't happy unless she's drowning. *sigh* They are all so tan already!! So here's to a summer spent swimming!

2 comments:

Misty said...

congrats on your little proffesional swimmers! maybe on a really hot day you guys could pack on up and head to your moms for the kurts family olympics...
you could play in the pool, have ball tossing compitition, floating compititions and award the winners (all of them, of course!) with yummy popcicles!

Mindy said...

I was a fish as a kid. I would not be kept out of the water in summer. My mom would take us to Silver Lake and set up her folding tanning chair right in the shallow water and we'd play there all day! I remember the frist time I could swim out to the floating dock. I was a hero.
Evy seems to have caught the swimming bug as well. she doesn't have the actual swimming part down (although she tries to tell me she does) but put water wings on the girl and watch out olympics!