Thursday, December 01, 2005

Success

We did it! We made it! My mom braved her awful back and we went to the concert. It was so good....I am so glad we went. My mom handled it beautifully and we have a fabulous time together. Thanks to those of you who I know were praying that she would be able to make it through the concert!

Life continues to chug along at the Kurtz's. We have the tree up and decorated and the kids are getting excited about Christmas. It sure does have a different feel this year, because it's on Sunday. But cool too.

So last night (back to the concert because it was awesome and it's my blog) We were sitting, enjoying the music. Well in the Van Andel arena there are suites at the very top of the stadium where the rich people get to watch events. Well the suite above where we were sitting was full of rich teenage girls. They talked THE WHOLE SHOW!!!! Even when it was quiet, we could hardly hear SCC because they were talking and laughing. Finally, near the end of the show, someone got up and climbed up there and told them to be quiet, that just because they were in a box didn't mean that we couldn't hear them. They sort of quieted down. THAT IS SO ANNOYING!!! It happened to us when we went to see.........Well, a movie. This girl would laugh about every 5 minutes. Even when the movie was serious, she was laughing. I thought my mom was going to throw something at her! But how do you deal with something like that? I was like, I have paid good money to be here and I WANT TO HEAR WHAT'S GOING ON!!!! Either whisper or GO AWAY!

*deep breath* Sorry, that was just vastly frustrating! Anyway, just wanted to tell y'all about the concert! IT WAS AWESOME!

6 comments:

Misty said...

i for one, have checked back several times in hopes of hearing you had got to go. excellent!!!
and yes, that annoys me as well....
but i never say anything...

eyes_only4him said...

well I am so glad you went and had a good time..and your mom..i cant belive she braved the seats and steps with her back..now that is love Mandi..LOL

and i hate it when people talk too..but I would of been the one to climb up there..I am just like that..:)

Mandi said...

I never say anything either, Misty...too chicken!

Christina - I know! I was shocked when she told me she was still going!

Mindy said...

I'm so glad everything worked out so you were able to go. I'm sorry about the chattery girls. Chattery kids are a BIG pet peeve of mine. (mostly at the movies since you know my *ahem* aversions to concerts (since I'm old and everything).)Maybe I really am getting old, because I yell at them to be quiet. In fact, last time we saw a movie and kids were giggling and talking on their cell phones I yelled out in a crouded theater "BE QUIET!" Now, I was pregnant, so it came out a lot um...meaner sounding than I intended it to, but still, you don't pay 8.50 to listen to annoying teenagers. Right?

kelli said...

Sounds like you had a great time.

At least they were teens and not forty somethings, dressed like trashy teens.

Melis said...

I'm so glad that ya got to go! Even if ya didn't pick me up first! lmao I know... wrong direction! Dang it! he he Glad ya'll had a good time! :)