Saturday, December 10, 2005

Announcement

Alright, it's confession time. I knew that once it happened to most of you, it was bound to happen to us. I just can't control myself. What can I say? So here it is.....

There is a new member of our family. Actually two.....







Everyone...Meet our new kittens.



That's right, when the Kurtz's get a pet, we go all out. One kitten was not enough you see. " Mom, they're twins.....They can't be apart..." Of course I wasn't a tough sell, I fell in love with them instantly. And I'm usually not a cat person. So into our home they came. The kids are thrilled. These poor cats are sleeping now because the kids are all outside and it's quiet. No one chasing them or trying to keep them in one spot. Last night, I swear one of them was talking to me telepathically. He looked at me and I swear I heard him say, "How much longer till these children go to bed???" I looked back and replied, "I'm asking myself the same thing!" They are both boys, much to Molli's dismay. She was all ready to call one, Sleeping Beauty! Alas, we had to think of boy names. I left this soley up to the kids. Wanna know what they came up with? Bob and Larry. That's right, we have Bob the cat and his brother, Larry. The only way to tell them apart is that Bob has a extra toe on one paw. They are cuddlers and will make an excellent addition to our home! Sorry about the picture, some of us have yet to receive a digital camera! I took this shot with my web cam!

Now how many of you assumed I was pregnant?????????

5 comments:

eyes_only4him said...

nope..u couldnt fool me..I know 4 kids is plenty..LOL

They are too cute...We had a cat named BOB in Michigan..he was the ugliest tomcat ever..

I love cats..I think about getting another one..but one is plently for me now..plus one dog and one rabbit and three kidds.yeah thats plenty dont ya think??

HEEHEE

Mandi said...

Probably, lol

eyes_only4him said...

i changed my address..

i should be easy to find...:)

Mindy said...

Bob and Larry. How wonderful. I know they will make great distractions for your children...er, I mean a great addition to your family. :o)
(and don't worry, I'm a sucker for pets too! I know we'll end up being an animal foster home one day!)

Misty said...

welcome bob & larry!
they are cute... my jack (who was emma... see, we were dissapointed in this development as well so i can relate to the "sleeping beauty" let down) has grown on me and i now confess to love him, (despite his, at times, destructive behavior, fowel smelling litter and inability to stop climbing the christmas tree and unwrapping the gifts.) the clencher for me though, when i knew i truly did care for the feline was when he was declawed. his violence was cut by 95%, and his affection was increased by equally as much...
If you move passed the "awe, they are so cute" phase and ask yourself "why?" as i did a million times, just know they will redeem themselves, and really... it's not their fault they are cats. :)