Sunday, December 18, 2005

An amazing day!

Today was...incredible. You wouldn't know, the way it started....

Sundays are always chaos at our house. Why this is, I'm not quite sure. but, by the time I got to church, I was flustered. Then we blew through the music for this morning. (I'm on the worship team) After that was over, I felt stressed and not particularly worshipful at all. Made it through most of the service. I went to sit down after we were done singing and Jonah was crying. I let it go because this is the norm on a communion Sunday. Jonah always gets upset that we won't allow him to take communion yet. I sensed however that he needed to talk so I motioned to him to follow me. We went downstairs and had a talk. I asked him why he was upset. "Dad won't let me take the bread and juice," he replied. "Do you know why you aren't allowed?" I asked. He shrugged. "It's because we don't want you to take communion until we know that you have decided to ask Jesus into your heart." I explained. He paused for a minute and then said, "What does that mean?" So i explained it to him. He paused again and then said, "Mom, do you think you could come with me after church to talk to Grandpa about asking Jesus into my heart?" My heart almost exploded. So after service, we sought out my dad. My mom was standing there too. "Grandpa", Jonah said. "Could you help me ask Jesus into my heart?" My mom started bawling. It was so awesome. And so, my precious oldest child accepted the Lord today....and the angels are singing!

Whew! Not that I can top that but here's some pictures from decorating cookies at my mom's house yesterday!











3 comments:

eyes_only4him said...

what a wonderful story Mandi..

indeed sounds like a wonderful day..

I am loving the fact u got a camrea;)

Melis said...

Awwwwwwww.. ya had me in tears with that one girly! How fantastic!!!! :)

And the pics are ADORABLE as always! :)

Mindy said...

hooray for jonah! horray for God! What a fantastic day. Children are a gift from the Lord.