Thursday, December 29, 2005

Sneaky

I promised myself I wouldn't let it happen. No matter what, I wouldn't allow them to worm their way into my heart.

Then it happened. Matt came to bed at around 10 PM last night and said that he thinks Larry got out. I sat upright. "He can't go out, he's too little, it's too cold." Matt quick threw on a coat and went out calling for him. Meanwhile, I was worrying....What if some other big mean cat got him? Or what if he's lost and looking for home? Matt came back and couldn't find him. Now I'm panicked.....What will the kids say? I'm on the verge of tears as Matt renenters the house with a very cold Larry in his arms. I ran to them and scooped up Larry showering him with kisses and rubbing his favorite spot by his ears. I quick ran and got him some treats all the while murmuring loving things to him. I looked up and Matt was standing in the doorway with a huge smirk on his face. "These are the kids cats????" he asked smugly. Well they are....as far as the kids know :)

4 comments:

eyes_only4him said...

aww, poor larry...

cats have a way of doing that..they wrap thier tales round our hearts..LOL

Misty said...

oh i know... i had promised that Gennys cat would be my loathed enemy... he loves me more than my family, i am sure...
and i reciprocate his affection...
who'd of thought?
glad larry is safe...

Mindy said...

You crazy cat people!
I'm glad Larry is safe and sound in his warm home.

Melis said...

Yeppers! Sounds JUST LIKE something I would do.. or even FUNNIER.. something hubby would do! lmao