Friday, December 09, 2005

Whirlwind

Man, my head is spinning. Whew! Crazy, crazy, crazy! We are snowed in, literally. The kids have their first snow day of the year (Jonah and Molli cried!). I remember when we had snow days in High school and I wanted to go out with my friends. My dad always told me that if the roads were bad enough to close for school than for sure I wasn't going anywhere. Party pooper :)

Other news, Princess has found a new home. I decided, as I was cleaning 0ut her cage the other day, that the kids really have little to do with her and I do it all and she just sits there. The final straw was yesterday when Emma let her escape and we spent an hour trying to get her back into her cage from underneath Jonah's bed! So I listed her on our local Freecycle network. Last night, a very nice woman and her two sons came and picked up Princess. They have another rat so Princess will have a friend. Plus they like to train them/play with them constantly so that's good. My kids were very nonchalant about the whole thing, which I suppose was a good thing.....Now they're asking for a cat.....heaven help me!

Well what to do with my day? Maybe getting dressed would be a good place to start...or maybe not!

7 comments:

eyes_only4him said...

how much snow did ya get?

Felecia said...

I can't help but chuckle at the whole Princess finding a new home thing. Seems as if just yesterday I read about your painstaking decision to show the kids the life does indeed go on. Kids are the best expression of irony, wouldn't you say??

Have a great day! Have snowman or snow angle contest!

Misty said...

snow day here too. after our near death experience driving home last night Genny said to me "i hope tomorrow is a snow day. i don't ever want to be on the road in the snow again!"
too bad we have to go to toledo tomorrow... :)
i opt for a pj day. it should be manditory...

Mandi said...

I agree, Misty...except I did throw on sweats to shovel...sweats don't cout as clothes though right??

Christina - we got about a foot. It was up to Sydney's chest, I wish I had a camera!

Felecia- Molli won the snow angel contest!

Melis said...

Yeppers! Sounds about like down this way girly! I'm right there with ya! Between the snow, and the drifts (I live out in the country), it's just killin me!! LOL

I just had the conversation with my Mom last nite about how I never understood why I couldn't go places when the weather was like when I was kid! Boy! How your view changes as an adult! Did I say that?? Meeeee?? And Adult?? NOOO!!! I honestly didn't mean that! lmao

Happy Snow Day girly! :)

kelli said...

YOu are going to find out that they used princess to test new shampoos or something. Isn't that what happens to animals on freecycle? Hee Hee

Mandi said...

Kelli! *Gasp* No, she went to a wonderful home with boys who will love her.....I was warned that that can happen with pets on Freecycle though.