Tuesday, November 29, 2005

Disaster

It was going to be perfect. I had had it planned out for months. As soon as I had heard about it, I had formed a plan. But now....

I love Steven Curtis Chapman. I love his music, him as a person. Matt and I went to his All things New concert and it was amazing. So when I heard that he was touring with Mercy Me doing a Christmas concert, I just knew I had to go. Matt wasn't too thrilled with the last concert so I decided that I would give my mom tickets for her birthday in October. Then we planned it all out. We would leave right after I dropped the kids at school. We would spend the day in Grand Rapids, just the two of us. Christmas shopping and eating out. It was going to be great. The concert is tomorrow. I was so excited.

Then my mom went to the ER. She really hurt her back and can hardly move. So no concert. Although, I have the tickets! I have to go! I already spent the money and everything. I am so bummed......

Anyone feel like to going to Grand rapids tomorrow???

6 comments:

eyes_only4him said...

aww..sorry bout your mom Mandi..

hope u can find someone to go with

Misty said...

what about yout friend mindy? you wouldn't have to spend the day.... you could just go for the show...

Mandi said...

My friend Mindy runs the children's Wednesday night program so she can't go.....I'm actually taking the night off from there to go! Thanks for the suggestion though.

Melis said...

GR is just a hop & a skip from here! Shopping, girl time, concert... sounds wonderful! Stop by and pick me up! LOL

But seriously... I'm sorry about your Mom... back problems are terrible!! I hope you still have a good time girl!

Amy M. said...

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!

I so wish I was not reading this at 6:48 pm on Wednesday evening!!!!!!

I LOVE SC2 and I heard about that concert and thought...sigh...if only.

I hope you were still able to go. It is my dream to one day see a whole SC2 concert. I have only seen him live once for like 5 minutes. I want to hear all about the concert.
Sorry I read this too late...I so would have gone...

Amy M. said...

oh and btw I am really sorry to hear about your mom too..I hope she is doing better. :-)