Saturday, November 26, 2005

Next...

Thanksgiving was a wonderful day. We ate, talked, ate, watched parades, ate, did dishes, ate, played games, and ate. All in all a good day. Ken and Robin (my brother and sister-in-law) stayed the night which was way fun. Then I subjected my sister-in-law to the madness of Wal-Mart at 4:30 AM on Friday. I know those "Wal-Mart boycotters" are cringing right now, but I've never had a bad experience there. Anyway, it was insanity. People were pushing and shoving, not where I was of course. We were in and out and home by 6 AM. The trick?? Team shopping. Robin quick got into the layaway line while I went and got the stuff I wanted.That was great because while there were only 10 people in the line when Robin got in it, by the time I got there, there were 80 people in it! It worked beautifully. Uncle Kenny was brilliant with the kids who were up early as well. (Matt had to work, as if anyone is buying chips the morning after Thanksgiving!!) So we had donuts and chocolate milk for breakfast. Then we all got dressed and braved the crowds one more time to get a Christmas tree. So yesterday we decorated our tree and the house. It really feels festive now.

Anyone else have a good Thanksgiving story???

3 comments:

eyes_only4him said...

sounds like a wonderful day Mandi.

let see, I spent all day cooking, then all evening cleaning. yup that about sums it up:)

I too braved shopping friday. The mall was insane.

hope you got everything ya wanted

Mandi said...

That does sound like fun Joce, I love food/snowball fights!

Christina - I did get exactly what I wanted. Of course it's tucked into layaway, but oh well!

Melis said...

Sounds like your day was fantabulous! My Tday was as well... spent the day eating (helped clean up) then lounging.. I even was sneaky and got a cat nap while my darling hubby chased the little one around! That was a blessing in itself! :)

Glad your day was wonderful! :)