Friday, May 19, 2006

An update from "Crutchie" as my kids have lovingly nicknamed me....although I have ditched the crutches...too big of a pain!

I'm doing ok. It sure is frustrating to not be 100%. The baby (who was my biggest concern in all of this) seems to have handled the stress of surgery well. He's rolling and flopping to beat the band. My incision (which doesn't look so bad) hurts a little since taking off the bandages, but nothing I can't handle. I am struggling with a tension headache again, going on day 3. This makes my recovery even slower. I go back a week from today to get the stitches and staples out. I did have to go back to the hospital yesterday because my leg was cramping horribly and they were worried that I may have a blood clot. So back I went....I swear I don't want to see that place again till Thomas is crowning! All in all, God has been good in taking care of Thomas and I as well as the rest of my crew who have been farmed out the better part of the week. Thanks for all the kind thoughts and words of encouragement...I knew I could count on you guys for that!

Well time to hobble down and do some laundry, I've been informed that my sick days are used up! lol.

4 comments:

eyes_only4him said...

well I am gald you getting around better..

i had dealing with crutches too..last summer i messed up my ankle pretty good, and had to use them for a dang month..it lasted about 3 days;)

Misty said...

glad things are going better, but tension headaches are not fun... you need a massage :)

Mandi said...

I need something, I was thinking drugs, but a massage works too :)

Cliff said...

The glass incident gave me the willies. I don't think I could work in an ER. Hope it all goes well and infection stays away.