Monday, May 15, 2006

I sat here this morning and railed against the fact that many blogs have not been updated. What is wrong with these people, I said to myself. Then I went back to my blog and realized that the last time I had updated it was last Wednesday. So forgive my frustration....like you all don't have lives of your own.

So yesterday was Mother's Day. May I just say for the record that I hate Mother's Day. I think something that absolutely should be done, ie. honoring our moms, has been turned into this huge "obligation" that we "have to honor mom because the calendar says we should." Ick. So I have decided that I will gather my siblings and choose one random day this summer and make it our tribute to Mom day. Moms need honoring and recognition.....but it should be genuine and not forced. Ugh.

Ok off the soap box, in honor of Mother's Day here are some pics from our recent Mother/Daughter banquet...


Me and two of my three girls




Four generations of women, my grandma, my mom, me, and my girls

3 comments:

eyes_only4him said...

oh manid I agree with you on the Mohters day thing..when i was at work saturday some teenagers came in to my jewlry store. I heard one fo them say " God I hate mothers day, I am not spening my whole 20 dollars on her"..and I wanted to slap the crap out of her..damn..

btw, i tried IMing you back the other day, but my yahoo was totally froze up..I wasnt ingnoring you:-) that happens to me all the time. yahoo hates Bossy.

eyes_only4him said...

dont mind all my spelling errors..mmkay?

Misty said...

beautiful pictures! :)
I agree... the holiday thing gets to me with most of them... everything has become so economic foccussed...

so, what i really want to know is what kind of cereal are you craving?