Friday, May 05, 2006

Moving on....not that I'm not still entirely stoked about the baby being a boy..but life does continue :)

Jonah had his first baseball practice last night. I was riddled with anxiety all afternoon about it. "What if the other kids have been playing since they were in diapers??" "will he catch on?" "Will he be able to hit the ball with the bat??" All those motherly things that you worry about. But he did great. He is very evenly matched with the other kids on his team, thank the Lord! I wasn't too impressed with the coach who showed up 20 minutes late, but one of the dads stepped in to help and he really took to helping Jonah. It was great. He had a blast and can't wait to go back.

An now for a Bob the cat update.....I really don't know what to do. The vet said he "thinks" that Bob has some nerve damage and that's why his back legs aren't working. Unfortunately, it means that he cannot empty his bladder either. So I have been hiking it to the vet TWICE a day for the last week so the vet can squeeze his bladder. I am so tired of it. And the vet cannot give me any real answers. He says things like, "He may recover, or maybe not." So I am so lost. I cannot keep going to the vet twice a day. Yet I love this cat, and I don't want him to die. But now he's pooping and spraying pee all over the house.....I just don't know what to do. Anyone have any suggestions for me?

4 comments:

kelli said...

I don't know how attatched you and your family are to the cat, so it's hard to give my opinion. However, you can't have a cat that is ruining your home. Cat poop, especially when you are pregnant is really dangerous. You aren't even supposed to be cleaning the litter box. Plus, with one cat peeing all over, the other may start as well.

I am the vegetarian pacifist, but if he isn't getting any better, you may have no choice but to put him down. I am sure he isn't too happy about his life right now either.

The only other thing I can think of is to call a cat rescue place and see if they have ever seen anything like this. They may have some ideas that a vet doesn't.

I hope I don't seem cruel. I really am not, but I hate to see you and your cat suffer.

Mrs. Hawk said...

I think that you come to a point when you have to ask yourself "When is enough, enough?". Honestly, you shouldn't allow a cat run your life. 2 times a day to the vet? That's crazy. I love cats, but it seems like he's suffering and you're suffering. I agree with Kelli, maybe it's time.

Misty said...

i agree... i can't imagine how miserable he must be... as sad as it is, (and i dread the day i may have to put a pet down) it may be what's best...

eyes_only4him said...

can the vet show you how to squueze his bladder? I had a cat that had a bladder probelem and I had to squueze his bladder till after he healed from his surgery..its really easy..

hope he gets better, if not you might want to put him to sleep, you dont know for sure if he is in any pain or not..