Friday, May 05, 2006

Ode to Bob



Bob the Cat Kurtz 2005-2006

Bob passed away Friday, May 5, 2006 with his family surrounding him. At least Me and molli. I was hysterical all day and not sure I could handle taking him to the vet, but I made it. We brought him home in a box and buried him in the backyard. Emma and Molli covered his little grave with flowers. I've decided there is something different about losing a pet as opposed to a human. I mean, I miss always miss my grandpa and I will grieve for him at different random times. While today was excruciating, tomorrow I know the pain will have eased and we'll go on. I wish it could be like that with people we love, but I guess the difference is that we spend a lifetime with people. But I'll miss Bob, he was my cuddle friend. Larry has been wandering around all afternoon, meowing, looking for Bob. Breaks my heart. But this is part of life I suppose. Thanks for all the thoughts and advice.

3 comments:

kelli said...

Mandi, I am so sorry. I know it's nothing compared to the loss of your grandpa, but it's still difficult.

I think you made the most humane choice though.

eyes_only4him said...

it was for the best..

Bob can run free in kitty heaven now..

RIP Bob:)

Misty said...

i am so sorry...