Monday, May 02, 2005

So worried

Tomorrow they will cut into my baby.....

I'm really struggling with this today. If it were a life saving procedure I wouldn't think twice about it. This is fairly elective surgery. I mean, we decided to do it so she wouldn't have kidney problems later in her life, but it wasn't life threatening. Did we make the right choice? She will be under full anestetic...what if she's allergic to it? We wouldn't know until it was too late! She's asked me all manner of questions, where are they going to cut my tummy? Will I have a tube in my arm? When can I go home? Will you be with me all the time? Can I take my lovey? I'm grateful that we can be with her when she falls asleep and there when she wakes up. At least she'll think we were there the whole time. Meanwhile, for the two hours that she's in there, I'll be pacing.

So whoever reads this blog, PLEASE be praying tomorrow........

2 comments:

Amy M. said...

We will be praying here, Mandi!! What time is her surgery? Is it on Mott floor 3? I know just how you feel...it is never easy. Even though you can't physically be with her during the surgery, God is right there with her and has nothing but her good in mind. He will be watching over your littel angel girl!! Keep us posted!

Mandi said...

Thanks Amy, I know God will hold her in His hands for us, she belongs to Him anyway. Just wish it wasn't so stressful!!!