Sunday, May 29, 2005

???

So here's the conversation between Jonah and I as I was picking him up from school on Friday:

J- Mom, is Sydney a boy or a girl?
Me- A girl.
J- Darn.
Me- (smiling) Why?
J- Cuz I want a brother. Mom, can I have a brother?
Me- (inwardly cheering and trying not to vomit at the same time) Well.......we would have to talk to Daddy.
J- Cuz if I had a brother we would be a whole family
Me- (trying not to cry at his wonderfully simplistic view of family and still trying not to vomit) Well buddy, I'll think about it, ok?
J- Ok, can I have ice cream?

So what do I think about that????

4 comments:

kelli said...

Sounds like you have your own room now so....what the heck, give the kid what he wants. don't you like MY simplistic view on life?

Mandi said...

Yeah thanks for that Kelli :)

Mindy said...

Wow! what's Daddy say? You know, you're the second person this week who's talked about having another (and that feeling of both excitement and vommiting.);o)

Mandi said...

Daddy says, no way. But then he'll say, well maybe.....