Friday, May 13, 2005

Now presenting the amazing Sydney

Alright so I've posted on how Sydney has an unusual talent for climbing. She's pretty amazing for a 14 month old. Yesterday topped it all off.

I was on the computer, reading blogs. (Of course, what else would I be doing?!!) Matt comes downstairs and casually asks, "Where's Syd?" I look up in confusion. "I thought she was with you." Dumb look on his face, "Um no." So we split up checking the obvious places first. We can hear her fussing at this point but still cannot locate her. Matt dashes out to the backyard where Molli is playing peacefully in the sandbox. "Molli, have you seen Sydney?" "No, daddy." Matt turned around and there was Sydney, hanging off the second floor balcony. Complete chaos erupted as we all tried to run up the stairs together. She's fine, praise the Lord. If she had let go she would have fallen to the ground, the hard cement patio. It makes me sick to my stomach jsut to think about it. But God is good and Sydney was once again rescued from disaster. I swear, if she lives to be two it will be a miracle.

1 comment:

kelli said...

Oh my goodness, that is soo scary! I have one of those children too. We had to call poison control on Samuel three times between the age of 2 and 3. It does get better, just hang in there.