Sunday, February 01, 2009

It has been a very busy few day around the Kurtz home. My grandma moved into my parent's house. There's a very good reason that people should not move in the winter! It was CRAZY! Friday night we started by bringing some of her furniture here. Thanks to my grandma, we got this....



a gorgeous dining room set with a matching hutch. It's beautiful!!

We also got a new computer desk and coffee table. But boy did we have some scary moments....

Our driveway is a fairly steep slope. And it's been quite a winter here. So our driveway is tricky even for our van to get up. Now try and get a 17 ft. truck up it. NOT! I had to sit in the cab of the truck with my foot on the brake while the guys unloaded the furniture! And since we could only get the truck half way up, the guys were forced to carry the heavy furniture through 4 foot piles of snow! What craziness!

Then on Saturday we emptied my grandma's house and took it all down to my parent's house. It was a very full day, both emotionally and physically. My grandma has never moved without my grandpa making all the decisions and she's never moved into a house that wasn't hers. So there were some tears and some quiet moments as we all sensed Grandpa's absence. However it's over and we are DONE moving for a while!

Oh and 6 weeks from today, Matt and I will be on board our cruise ship and headed into the clear blue waters of the Caribbean......CAN'T WAIT!!!!

3 comments:

Misty said...

very beautiful, Mandi!

Unknown said...

That furniture is beautiful! I helped my inlaws mve in Nov. once, not fun at all!!

Anna B said...

Can't WAIT for winter to be over. At least it looks like you scored.