Tuesday, January 27, 2009

I am impulsive. It's true. I like to call it "spontaneous". My husband calls it "reckless". Sometimes, when a fancy strikes me, I like to indulge it. I totally inherited this from my dad who would come home from work, or even take the day off of work, pack us all up and head out somewhere. I love doing that now with my family. So today, when my girlfriend and I were talking about camping at the local campground this summer and how we needed to get sites soon or they'd all be full, I decided we needed to go out there and scope it out in person. She indulged my spontaneous decision and we were off. Well, one of the camping loops was plowed and accessible, the other was not. After, driving around the plowed one I decided we should try the NON plowed circle. My friend cautioned me, but I laughed and replied "Where's your sense of adventure??"

Clearly, she was right. About 1/4 mile in, I realized we were in trouble. The snow was DEEP and there were barely any tracks. I decided we better turn around. YEAH RIGHT. We were so stuck. Both she and I had slip on shoes on and no gloves. At one point, we had her five year old pushing on the gas pedal while we both pushed! Thank the Lord that we were able to get out of the mess I had gotten us into. And now I have permanently given my friend something to harass me about!

We did find some good sites though :) Totally justifies the impulse right????

3 comments:

Mrs. Hawk said...

I'm glad that you got out!! That could have been really bad. Too bad you didn't have a camera handy - those pictures would be precious!

Misty said...

i am a step below... I would have just taken off to see the site, but I probably wouldn't have driven through the non plowed...
HOWEVER- It's a great memory, in that friendship. (and for the 5 year old.)

Unknown said...

Hee Hee I am glad someone else is more impulsive than me! :) glad you got out okay!!