Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Yesterday was amazing. I had no idea that I would be so excited t watch our new president get sworn into office. But I was glued to ABC and Facebook/CNN. Seriously, they were on ALL day. I made my kids watch some of it before they went to school. Jonah said, "Mom, why do we have to watch this??" I told him, "Because you will be able to tell your grandchildren some day that you saw the first African American become president." It was historic. And, while I don't agree with most of our new president's policies or beliefs, there's no doubt that I watched a piece of history yesterday. WOO HOO!

Moving on.....

I've started working out again. UGH. My poor body is so sore and mad at me :) I've resolved to lose at least 10 pounds by the time we go on our cruise. I just don't want my face to look fat in pictures! The rest I can hide.....well until I go to the pool at least :) I've started eating better too, making better choices. I must brag on myself for last night though. Tuesday nights are basically like Fridays for Matt as he has Wednesdays off. So he gets to stay up past 7:30 and we watch our favorite show together. Well, last night I wanted ice cream SOO bad. That's been our tradition. But, instead I had a glass of water...totally NOT ice cream, but so much better for me, especially right before bed! So yay me!

Tomorrow night I'm headed out with a bunch of gals from church to see Last Chance Harvey. I adore Emma Thompson and can't wait to have some "girlie" time.

My latest annoyance.....my little son is obsessed. With what, you might ask. The Red Wings. For those of you "non Michiganders" the Red Wings are Detroit's hockey team. Hockey is the only sport my husband watches and he loves the Red Wings. He thought it would be great to introduce Thomas to the Red Wings. So at the beginning of the season, Matt taught him to say, "hockey". It was SOO cute. Then we started working on saying "Red Wings". Well all Thomas could say was "Hot wings". :) But now he has it down pat. And he is obsessed. He has a Red Wings coat that MUST be worn every time we leave the house. He got a Red Wings outfit from my mom for Christmas that must be worn every other day. And then Matt came home with this.....




And now we can't get him out of it. Today he stood by the washing machine, hysterically crying for his red wings. We have created a monster!! Wait till his new hat and socks get here!

1 comment:

Misty said...

Good for you. Me too...

Let me know if you like LCH. I thought it was VERY Sweet...