Thursday, January 15, 2009

Last night, Sydney asked me to cut her hair. I cringed. We haven't cut her hair, EVER. She's almost 5. Her gorgeous, blond, curly hair hangs way down her back. "I don't know sweetie," I told her. Then Matt piped up, "What about Locks of Love?" Sydney wanted to know more so we sat at the computer for the next half an hour while I explained it all to her. She looked at me and said, "Mom, I really want to give my hair to a girl who can't have any hair. I can grow more hair, Mom." My eyes filled with tears. So, this morning we made the trek to Mrs. Shelly's to do the deed.
12 inches later....











I'm so proud of her!!

3 comments:

Misty said...

she looks truly let beautiful! and, as she's growing up- the good news is bobbed hair makes them look younger. :)

Unknown said...

She lools great! What a good lesson you taught her! Someone will truely cherish her gift.

Unknown said...

That is supposed to say she LOOKS great. I am having spelling issues today. You have no idea how many times I have used back space just in the comment :)