Monday, February 16, 2009

I knew the day was coming. I knew the day would arrive and I'd have to part with another part of my youngest child's "babyhood". I wish I could report that he was potty trained :) Instead we were gifted with this last week.....


A toddler bed...and not just any toddler bed, but a DIEGO toddler bed. My plan was to put it away until after Matt and I returned from our vacation that I talk obsessively about in which we are gone for a week aboard a huge boat without our children cruise, so that my brother and sister-in-law wouldn't be chasing him back into bed at any and all hours of the day and night. But, once he got a glimpse of it, we were done for. I tearfully took down his crib....many tears...not knowing if there'll ever be another Kurtz baby in the crib that all of my other babies have slept in. The transition has gone beautifully...he is curious at nap time and has to be walked back a few times, but at night he hasn't tried to get out of bed even ONCE! So all in all, it's been fun. And how can you deny the happiness on this face???

1 comment:

Unknown said...

A diego bed and thomas sheets!! I know no boy that would get out of that bed!!