Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Creativity at it's best..or my best anyway

I am not creative. Most of you know this about me. I like buy-able creations or things that are so simple my kids can do it on their own :) It's often referred to as lazy...but I'll call it not creative. So it's no surprise that as valentine's season approached, I joined the throngs of mothers buying pre-packaged valentines for their kids. This year, though, Jonah is in 4th grade and he turned up his nose at all of the Transformer and Spiderman valentines. So I had to be *gulp* creative.

I get the Family Fun magazine which I adore...lots of ideas for us "non creative" types. When I saw the picture of this valentine they had made I knew we had to do it. So, I bought all the supplies and we got busy. 5 hours later, here's what we had.....








ipod valentines...that are wrapped boxes of the conversation hearts with little Reese's peanut butter cups as the headphones; blue for the boys and pink for the girls. Jonah wrote on the back as you can see...so what has this taught me?

Good idea + 5 hours of cutting and gluing and taping and writing and tying + grumbling loudly at how ridiculously involved these were (out of earshot of him of course!) = One very happy fourth grader who will have the coolest valentines in his class!


3 comments:

Unknown said...

You officially get hte mom of the month award!!

I told my 5th grader that it was the store bought valentines or none. Now that is lazy :)

Misty said...

those are adorable!

Mrs. Hawk said...

Those are awesome! I wonder what it will be next year.