Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Ok so have a situation that needs to be blogged about....

All year, Molli has talked about this girl, we'll call her...Maria. Molli is completely swayed by this girl. She doesn't like this shirt of Molli's so Molli won't wear it to school. Molli tells her things, Maria thinks they're stupid. Maria likes Hannah Montana therefore so does Molli. They are always having these "fights". You get the point....I have been so annoyed with Molli's lack of backbone and own opinion. We've talked about it often. I asked her often to try and find other friends. For some reason, Maria has some sway over my otherwise headstrong, determined little girl.

Molli came home from school today and didn't want to tell me something. After a while she spit out this story. Apparently, the principle pulled Molli out of lunch today to have a talk. She told Molli that Maria's mom had called the school because Maria was scared to come to school that day. And the reason? She was scared of MOLLI!!!! WHAT?!?!?!?!?!??!?!?! I laughed right out loud when I heard that. Domineering and headstrong as she can be, she is not a brute or someone who could do anything to anyone. Maria however, is the tallest girl in second grade! So Molli continues to tell me that Maria didn't want to come to school because she was worried what Molli would do. Now every fiber in my being is screaming that this is so stupid! I don't think Molli is a victim, other than being unwilling to stand up for herself. But Maria has constantly been a thorn in my side...and now it seems she's willing to lie to get out of school.

So what would you do???

3 comments:

Misty said...

"ok, i have a situation that needs to be blogged about..." Ha... that NEVER means anything good.

We had this. We had a maria, only her name was Danielle. Oh my gosh... well, in michigan her name was ryan. In Idaho she was Danielle. (two girls) I did gain a little empathy for Danielle after Gen's birthday party and the bullet incident, but even so- my advice would be to try and coordinate with other parents, to see if you can help initiate some other friendships for Molli... likely she's in the "rut" with maria...

Unknown said...

I would definitly call "Maria's" mom and have a little chat! There is always 2 sides to a story and maybe if the 2 of you can get on the same page then you can figire out what is going on with the girls.
I would also soooooo let her know that if there is a problem with Molli that calling the school is not the best way to handle things. And to call you directly next time!

Ahh kids and their friends -- what a nightmare! :)

kelli said...

If the principal is the one to talk to Molli, I would start there and get the straight scoop from her first. I don't like it when principals talk to kids and don't call parents to help them understand. Molli is 8, perhaps she misinterpreted what the principal said.

Also, I like the idea of arranging some play dates with other kids in her grade. Perhaps her teacher can recommend some of the friends Molli gets along good with in class if Molli is having trouble coming up with names on her own.