Wednesday, November 05, 2008

Well elections are over and boy am I relieved that my phone will not be ringing off the hook telling me who to vote for! PHEW! One quick pet peeve and then I am done talking politics....
God is not surprised by who won. Not at all. He could not have won without God appointing him. And no matter who is our president, whether we agree with his policies or not, he is the President of the United States and that position deserves respect. Period. You don't have to be his best friend and you don't have to agree with him, but you do owe him the respect that is due that office.

Ok, on to other things :)

I despise raking. I just hate it. I have NEVER liked it. I loved growing up in the woods because we never had to rake because it was impossible to get rid of the leaves! Now we have this gorgeous, HUGE yard and raking has become my bain. Couple that with the fact that our lovely neighbor is a FREAK about his yard and there is not one leaf on it. EVER. Makes ours look that much more wonderful! I'm still thinking of a way to just wish the leaves away. I'll let you know if I can actually do it!

2 comments:

Becky Rozema said...

Thank you for reminding me that God has a plan in the election results. I sometimes forget that God's plan overturns Satan's plans. Respect is an important thing and we must teach our children to respect and honor their elders and leaders, even if they do not agree with them. There is a difference between respect and agreement!

Unknown said...

I ditto that about the President. Respect is a dying thing in this country lately.

I also ditto the raking thing. I wish I had kids I could make do it -- oh ya I do!!