Monday, December 01, 2008

Not again

Well once again the bugs have returned...and by that I mean the sickness bugs. Late Saturday night Sydney got sick. She was followed a few hours later by Emma. And then, despite all of my very best efforts, I followed Emma. Now there is NOTHING in this world that I hate doing as much as I hate vomiting. NOTHING. I would rather give birth, three times in a row with NO medication than throw up. It's just that bad for me. I haven't thrown up in 8 years!!!! 8!!!! But I lost the battle. It was awful. So suffice to say, I spent the rest of the day in bed. Molli came down with it last night and Jonah came home from school with it today. So only Thomas and Matt remain. At least it's a quick bug...but there's really just no great way to handle vomit.

Moving on to happier topics :)

This week is busy as Molli Louise turns 8. Good Lord, how did this happen??? Her birthday is Wednesday (expect a sappy post with pictures) and then she is having her party on Friday. I've, excuse we've (Matt had to be convinced) have allowed Molli to invite three friends over for a sleepover. I've farmed out all of her other siblings to family members as to give them the run of the house. Well....sort of. At least the girl's room. So I intend on sleeping little that night as I am kept awake by girly giggles and silly games. Man, I can't believe I did this to my mom!!!

Still no resolution with the school situation. I'm tempted to let it be for now and see what happens.

Our Thanksgiving was lovely. Fairly low key and full of food. What else? The kids got to spend the night with my mom as I got up at 4 AM and dragged my Aunt Carol and my 80 year old Grandma out shopping on Black Friday. We hit Wal-Mart first. Thankfully, none of the things I was looking for was in electronics so we were in and out in 45 minutes. It sure was crazy. We hit Target next which, I am happy to report to my Wal-Mart hating friends, was CRAZIER than Wal-Mart!!!! I watched two ladies fighting over the same package of something...I quickly got out of the way as the police arrived. YIKES! But all in all, it was a successful trip and some fond memories were made.

Now we launch into Christmas...man am I excited! I woke up to 6 inches of GORGEOUS snow outside and cranked up my Christmas tunes!!! WOO HOO!!!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

While I hate throwing up I certainly do not hate it as much as you do!! :)
Have fun with the sleepover, try to get some sleep!! Your daughter will always remember her 8th b-day sleepover.
The Christmas tunes are playing at my house too! (Well not right now Curious George is on)

Anna B said...

No snow here yet, Yay!
No sickies here either, Yay again!

kelli said...

Here's my unsolicited advice to make puking a bit more tolerable when it comes to clean-up. Take a wastebasket. Line it with a regular garbage bag. Keep it the by bed, couch, chair, etc. of said puker, so it's easy to grab. After use, just tie it up and throw it out. No clean up!!

I have never used a bowl or toilet to throw up. It gets everywhere and there's always a mess to clean up. This way, you keep your hands clean! So what if you waste a few bags, it's well worth it.