Thursday, December 04, 2008

I knew it. I just knew it. I knew all of the torturous years of watching Dora would pay off. I had a hint when Sydney was 2 and hanging from the top bunk and yelling "Ayudame! Ayudame!" (help me in Spanish). But I realized this morning that all 4+ years of watching Dora has taught my daughter a very significant gift....one that not many people possess......






The video doesn't quite do it justice....she was dancing around this morning singing Feliz Navidad but trilling her r's..I was so proud. It sounded like this, "I wanna wish you a Merrrrry Chrrrrristmas..." It was hilarious!


In other news, my oldest daughter turned 8 yesterday. Pics are below but, in her honor, here are 8 things about her:

1. She is the most like me out of all of my children, God help her!
2. She can sing...I've been told often by other people that she has a natural ability to match pitch which is sometimes hard for kids.
3. She's a pack rat...grrrrrr.
4.She wants to grow up way too fast. Wish I could convince her that it's not that fabulous!
5. She was born underwater....I had a water birth with her, it was AMAZING!
6. She has a good sense of what other people are feeling, she doesn't always pay attention to it however :)
7. She is my only child to have had major surgery. It was so tough for me!!! She was a trooper!
8. I wouldn't change one thing about her.





3 comments:

Misty said...

soooo cute! you should have had her trill out a happy birrrrrthday tune! :)

Anna B said...

Gotta love Webkins! Your birthday girl sounds a lot like me too. Happy Birthday!

Unknown said...

Look at that spoiled girl!! LOVE IT!! Happy birthday to her!

Love the bilingual child :)