Monday, October 06, 2008

WE ARE HERE, WE ARE HERE, WE ARE HERE!!!!

We made it, all in one piece to North Carolina. We ended up leaving around 3 AM as I was wide awake. I am proud to say that I did my fair share of driving, about 5 hours in total. The drive down was absolutely GORGEOUS! We hit the mountains in West Virginia and it was breathtaking. My kids couldn't get enough. The kids traveled brilliantly...they only got crazy in the last 15 minutes. We watched quite a few movies and played the alphabet game. It was a great trip. It was a little overwhelming coming onto the base, this place is like a country! We survived the car search, my kids were terrified of the soldiers with weapons! Nothing like a good healthy dose of fear! The cousin have been reunited and have spent every moment playing together. So just a quick update...more to follow!

No comments: