Thursday, October 02, 2008

I have so much I should be doing...but I sit her blogging. Ah well, the kitchen will still be dirty when I get there.

Vacation fever has set in....Emma is counting the hours! I am on laundry patrol. It is no small task getting 7 people ready to go on vacation. There are so many things to take into consideration. Plus this is our first HUGE car trip since the kids were tiny. Thirteen hours in our van. I have a feeling we will be VERY glad to arrive. Tigger has called and we get to watch him jump on Wednesday. While this is very cool and I'm glad we get to see it, I am slightly panicked about watching him descend to the earth with a small piece of cloth keeping him safe. I know he's done this a million times, but there s something nerve wracking about watching it. Jonah is beyond excited to be going to an Army base. I must try and keep him focused toward being a veterinarian!

Yesterday it was COLD!! Well it's only 44 this morning so that is pretty chilly. But yesterday, I just couldn't warm up. I had warm pants, long sleeve shirt, sweatshirt, socks and I was still freezing! My husband was home yesterday and I casually asked if perhaps we could turn the heat on...just a little. He is determined to not turn on the heat until November. But he said he was open for negotiation. Hmmm...... now how many of you have had to negotiate with your husbands? Is this fair procedure? So the negotiations began.....I won't tell you what he wanted to trade (hint: bedroom...big surprise) but let's just say I got to turn on the heat. There was something very nostalgic about hearing the furnace roar to life. Bring on fall.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Oh ya negotiantions are the conder stone of our relationship!! ex. If you put her to bed for me I will make dinner. If you take him to scout I will take her to gymnastics tomorrow. We jsut work like that :)